WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
As we start signing our kids up for their various summer activities, it’s hard not to think about the children who have limited resources to fully experience summer and the outdoors. Have you been looking for a simple way to give back to your community during this time? Where do your talents fit in with Footpath’s mission of helping kids in the Cleveland area discover their fullest potential through nature & outdoor experiences?
Here are some examples of how you can help:
Become a “Collection Leader” for our Camp Duffel Bags
- Take charge of a drive and ask your community at school, work, neighborhood or club for specific camp bag item donations (sleeping bags, sheets, shoes, etc).
- These bags are important to ensure our campers, most who are living in poverty, are well-prepared for residential summer camp.
- Manage the drive on your own schedule!
Help us spread the word!
- Like us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and ask your friends to do the same. Share our information with your network as well.
- Be a guest blogger for us – share your personal experience about why spending time outside is valuable to children.
- Help us with Public Relations by reaching out to newspapers and other local media sources.
- Connect us with professionals you believe share our mission and can help us attain our goals.
Donations and “Friendraising” – You can make your own donation, or help us by inspiring others to donate. Here are things you could do:
- Host a “friendraiser” cocktail hour at your house and invite your friends to come by for a drink and listen to a short presentation & video about Footpath.
- Ask your employer if you can have a fundraiser at work, or ask if they’re willing to enhance their average holiday party by turning it into a fundraiser! Jeans days, 50/50 raffles and auctions all work well.
- Ask a group you’re already involved in to help – a Women’s League, Rotary Club, small business group, neighborhood committee, playgroups, etc.
- Host a “Fill a Cabin” campaign. Each camper costs ~$250 to get to camp. Help us fill a cabin of 10 kids and work to raise $2500 to fill that cabin! You could create a Crowdrise campaign, hold bake sales and small events at work, ask your employer to make a corporate gift, or plan a small party to meet this goal.
If you want to volunteer or have any additional ideas on how you can help grow Footpath and get more kids in need out into nature, please email us! THANK YOU!
Mary Macias / Co-founder
Sarah Tabeling / Co-founder
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/FootpathFoundation/
*Footpath Foundation is an IRS designated 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation (Tax ID: 47-5560117) in good standing since our effective date of exemption, November 5, 2015